Through the Wagoner Scholarship for Study Abroad Program graduate students are eligible to receive funds to support research abroad. The program provides sufficient funds to allow a student to conduct research abroad for up to a year.
If you are traveling internationally, you should sign up with International SOS. International SOS is a Rice-sponsored service for faculty, students and staff engaged in international travel. The International SOS Global Assistance Program provides 24-hour medical assistance and emergency response services. Some of the services offered include:
- Medical advisories, security advisories and travel advisories before and during your travels.
- ISOS can assist you during your trip with problems such as lost passports, medical emergencies and theft.
- ISOS can refer you to medical, dental or legal professionals in the country you are traveling if requested.
- SOS provides medical evacuation and repatriation services.
- Trip registration via a password protected ISOS website.
Before you travel, learn more about the additional services International SOS provides to the Rice community. For information and access to services, see Rice’s International SOS website at http://riskmanagement.rice.edu, traveling Abroad-International SOS. Contact the Risk Management office for your wallet size travel card or, you may print a copy of the travel card from the International SOS website.