The Professor John A. S. Adams, Sr. Graduate Student Loan Fund
The Mary Lyn and Niles Moseley Loan Fund
The Adams and Moseley Graduate Student Loan Funds provide financial assistance, in the form of loans, to all full-time doctoral students, and to full-time Master's students in the Schools of Architecture, Engineering, Humanities, Music, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences at Rice University. Adams-Moseley Loans are not available to pay tuition or fees payable to Rice University.
- Description of the Moseley and Adam's loan programs:
- Individual loans are made for an amount not to exceed $2,000.
- Loans are made for a period of up to one year and may be renewable on an annual basis.
- The interest rate applicable to these loans is determined by the Office of Financial Aid in accordance with the policies and procedures of the university.
- Graduate students must be enrolled on a full time basis to be eligible to apply for a loan and must maintain full enrollment during the full term of the loan.
- Loans are available during the full course of the academic year.
- Applications for the loan are available through the Financial Aid Office. Completed applications should be returned to the Financial Aid Office. Loan applications are reviewed by the Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
A waiting period of three business days from the approval date of the loan is required by law before funds can be distributed. The waiting period begins after a borrower has signed a promissory note with Financial Aid.
Students are reminded that the Graduate Student Association provides loans of up to $500, these loans are not subject to the TILA regulations because they are short-term loans and subject to different terms and conditions. For more information firstname.lastname@example.org.